I know. It's only the day after Monday. And most of you are sitting at a desk, trying to tackle a surely insurmountable workload. But my former boss used to have a saying that I still reference quite often. It was:
So, in the spirit of my long-lost colleague and most-hated weekday, I have decided on a new feature that I will try to present each week: Tuesday Boozeday. Sometimes, a cocktail recipe; sometimes just a "try this NOW!" beer or wine recommendation, but always, a swift slap in the face of Tuesdays and a nod toward the ever-impending weekend.
We made these delicious blender drinks while on vacation on Lake Michigan. Made with berries straight from a farm stand off the side of Blue Star Highway, it was the perfect afternoon refreshment as we watched the waves roll in from the deck of our vacation house.
Berry Boozy Blender Slushies
What it's Made of:
- 4 oz Tito's vodka (could also be good with light rum, if that's your poison)
- 2 oz cranberry juice cocktail
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- Handful blueberries and raspberries (and/or strawberries/blackberries/what have you)
- Handful of ice
How it's Made:
- Throw it all in a blender and blend until smooth!
- Adjust to taste (I added a bit more lime. You may want some additional sweetness via sugar or a spoonful of honey. You may also want more alcohol. I am not here to judge.)